- The Beavers meet on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:00 pm at St. John's Catholic Church. It is located on the north side of Kingston Road 1 ½ blocks east of Main St.
- The 146th is co-ed and registers boys & girls who in September are in Grades SK, 1 & 2.
|The Beaver Promise:
I promise to love God
And help take care of the world.
The Beaver Law:
A Beaver has fun, works hard
And helps his family and friends.
The Beaver Motto:
Sharing, Sharing, Sharing
- Beavers is a simple and flexible program, designed in Canada to meet the needs and interest of five, six and seven years-old. The theme of the program is based on beavers and the beaver colony, as found in nature. Keeping this in mind, sharing, playing, cooperating and learning to respect nature and the environment is the focus of activities. The Beaver leadership team consists of dedicated adults trained to provide quality programs.
- The Beaver program emphasizes having fun while encouraging children to feel good about themselves, their friends and family, God, and nature. Beavers helps children learn basic social skills and gain self confidence.
- The Beaver program promotes activities that encourage children to:
- find examples of their own spiritual beliefs;
- experience and express love and joy;
- be healthy and have good feelings about themselves;
- develop a sense of belonging and sharing in small group activities;
- develop a sense of cooperation through non-competitive activities.
- The Beaver program is built around a lively variety of games, crafts, music, storytelling, playacting, spiritual fellowship and the outdoors. Beaver activities stress cooperation and teamwork, and can involve the whole family.
- The outdoors is an essential part of the Beaver program. Weekend events, picnics, short nature hikes and family based camping opportunities round out the Beaver experience.
- Beavers meet in a group called a colony. The colony is split into smaller groups called lodges. There is one leader for every five Beavers. Each Beaver learns a promise, law and motto to help guide their personal development.
- The Beaver Colony requires a Youth-to-Leader ratio of 5 to 1.
- A Senior Cub, known as a "Keeo" can be appointed to assist the Beaver Leaders during their meetings.
|Lightning - Bill Komar
|Moonbeam - Annette Price
||Chip - David Belot
|Rusty - Bob Chong
||Hawkeye - Greg Waugh
|Thunder - Aidan Carr
Last updated on: October 10, 2005
Links to: Home, Group Committee, Cubs, Scouts, Upcoming Events, Photo Gallery